Fancy yourself as the next David Bailey? We’re on the look out for stunning photographs of our Gardens and Glasshouses for our 2016 calendar!
If you’re a budding photographer or just a little snap-happy, enter our competition and your photographs could be featured in our calendar that will be available to buy in the Botanical Garden’s shop.
The competition for each month will launch on the 1st and close at 12pm on the last day of the month. You are allowed three entries each month, so remember to triple your chance of winning if you’ve got too many to choose from.
The entries must be set within the Gardens and/or Glasshouses and reflect the current month.
As well as featuring in our calendar, we’ve got 12 memberships to giveaway – one for each of the lucky winners. This will give you free access to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens for 12 months and access to monthly newsletters and horticultural hints and tips from our experienced gardeners.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The Birmingham Botanical Gardens Photographic competition 2015 is to create The Birmingham Botanical Gardens 2016 Calendar. Entries must feature and be set in The Birmingham Botanical Gardens and/or Glass Houses. The eligibility of individual photographs will judged by The Birmingham Botanical Gardens and their decision is final.
2. Entrants can submit up to three photographs for each month that are suitable for print at 300dpi. Mobile phone photos will not be accepted and must be at least 200mm x 120mm in size. Images that do not fit this criteria can not be accepted.
3. Composite images will not be accepted – entries that combine two or more images together to make one image.
4. Employees of The Birmingham Botanical Gardens, as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
5. The Birmingham Botanical Gardens will only ever use personal details for the purposes of administering the scheme unless stated on the entry form.
6. There will be 12 winners that shall appear in The Birmingham Botanical Gardens 2016 calendar to be sold in aid of The Botanical Gardens Fundraising Appeal. The winners photos may also be used for other promotional purposes.
7. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.
8. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens the right to publish and exhibit their photographs The Birmingham Botanical Gardens website.
9. The Birmingham Botanical Gardens reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
10. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, The Birmingham Botanical Gardens reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up.
11. This competition is administered by The Birmingham Botanical Gardens.