Big Green Lunch
To mark The Eden Project’s Big Lunch initiative, Birmingham is holding a Big Green Lunch on Sunday 2nd June at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens from 10.00am to 4.00pm.
The aim of the Big Lunch is to encourage people to come together for a few hours of food, friendship and fun and in doing this encourage stronger, friendlier and greener minded communities to start up and flourish. Birmingham’s Big Lunch will have a green twist to it to encourage sustainability and environmental awareness.
- Caribbean, Italian, Indian and Vegetarian caterers providing food to buy and eat on the terrace with sweeping views of the garden
- Fair-trade tea, coffee and refreshments for sale – plus decorate your own cupcake
- Indoor fair-trade and ethical market selling locally sourced produce and crafts from around the world
- Stage shows featuring local bands in the Bandstand and dancers, magic and fun in the Garden Suite
- Mini petting farm where children can gain awareness of and touch small farm animals
- A bungee trampoline and climbing wall for the more adventurous!
- Popular event favourites such as learning circus skills and playing giant games on the lawn
- Top it off with a stroll around the beautiful grounds, glass houses and aviaries of the Botanical Gardens as well as the newly opened Butterfly House
and much, much more!
So come along for an entertaining, creative, educational, fun and tasty “green” day out for all the family.
Entrance to the Big Green Lunch event at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens is FREE on the day.