To mark Climate Week 2015 and Fair Trade Fortnight, Birmingham GreenFest is coming to the Birmingham Botanical Gardens on Saturday 7 March from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.
Birmingham GreenFest promises to be a great family day out promoting sustainable lifestyles and behaviour change in a fun and educational way through interactive art activities, a fair trade auction, entertainment and food!
- Birmingham auctioneers Biddle & Webb holding the first ever auction of ethically traded and locally sourced goods at 12.00 noon.
- Birmingham Fair Trade and Ethical Market selling a range of locally sourced and fairly traded produce
- Hands-on environmental art interventions for kids of all ages including musical instrument making, jewellery making, junk art and model making
- Join in with the innovative “Living Earth: the Living Planet, Catch the Sprites and Pledge Garden” performance art intervention
- Bollywood dancing performances, workshop and henna painting by famous local troupe Hina & Co
- Refreshments and hot food for sale including Caribbean, curries and veggie options on the Terrace
- Sustainable and green exhibitors
- Educational Eco Bus
- Display of electric vehicles
- Smoothie Bike
Don’t miss the special offer entrance price of £2 for adults (on the door) and free entrance for under 16’s and enjoy an entertaining, creative and sustainable fun day out at the beautiful gardens and glass houses.