Compact Cameras Course
If you’re completely new to digital photography and you have a compact camera, then this largely practical, beginner’s course will teach you all the basics you’ll need to take quality photographs. Over four consecutive Saturdays, the tutor will show you how to better understand the menu options on your camera and help you discover which mode is best for different situations by giving you lots of practical experience in the beautiful Botanical Gardens setting. Learn how to compose better images for that ‘wow’ factor and discover how simple editing can transform and improve your photos. Suitable for compact digital cameras.
Course Overview Work your way around your camera and become confident using each setting, plus learn about all the technical terminology.
- Creative Composition By just applying some basic photographic composition techniques, your photographs can leap from the ordinary to simply outstanding.
- Focus & Exposure Get the photos you have always hoped for by learning how to focus and expose your shots correctly using both manual and pre-set functions.
- Professional Style Portraits Get great portraits in your own home and learn top tips on how to improve the lighting you have available – excellent for your social media!
- Abstract Still Life Art Produce striking still-life photographs that will be good enough to hang on your wall – this will really impress your friends.
- Achieve Excellent Holiday Photos Come home from your holiday with more than just memories. The tutor will explain what to look out for and how to capture great photographs of architecture, landscapes, groups and individual portraits – make the most of family holidays.
- Night Time Photography Avoid blurred landscapes and portraits as the tutor shows you how to use night and manual modes to full effect, plus helpful tips to capture great indoor shots in low light.
- Party Pictures Capture photos with atmosphere and ambiance. Get memorable images from a night out with friends if you follow a few simple tips.
- Macro Mode You don’t need professional equipment to get impressive close up shots. Learn to take detailed shots of wildlife and nature with these simple techniques.
- Photographing Children Capture fantastic portraits of children – top tips for the best light and locations.
- Landscapes at Sunset Learn to use preset and manual settings to capture beautiful landscapes as the sun sets. Combine this knowledge with our tips on composition to make photographs that are nothing like you have taken before.
- Editing and Storing Find out how to upload, store and backup your favourite memories, plus give your images an extra boost using simple editing software.
Course tutor: David Tunney
Please note: this course takes place in an upstairs room, accessible only via a spiral staircase and is for ages 18 and over.
FOR ALL PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE ENQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT:
Phone: 0121 450 5093