This course will cover all aspects of garden design to enable you to plan your own ideal garden.
It will run on five Saturdays, starting 5th February, then 12th February, 5th March, 12th March and 19th March 2022.
It will include:
- Brief history of garden design and key features of popular styles i.e. Cottage, Japanese, Contemporary etc.
- Principles of successful design: balance, movement, use of focal points, colour and more
- Site appraisal, plan drawing and ‘wants’ checklist
- Hard landscaping considerations – material choice for boundaries, paths, paving and other features
- Right plant, right place; choosing the plants that will thrive and support your chosen style
You are welcome to take notes/photographs during the course, so please bring what you need. The course will draw on examples from the Botanical Gardens and free access to the Gardens is granted for the participant for the duration of the day of their course.
This course will run from 10.30am to 2pm and be delivered by a qualified teacher with RHS level 3 qualifications.
Please notify email@example.com at least 7 days prior to course commencement of any accessibility requirements or special needs.
This course programme is under development and we would like your feedback. If you cannot make these dates, cannot find a course to suit or have another comment or question, please email James at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and any course preferences/alternative dates/times, and we will let you know of new developments.
The following is the link to the Course FAQ info that needs to be included somewhere as well please: https://www.birminghambotanicalgardens.org.uk/poetry-course-faqs/