After careful planning, the Gardens have been re-opened with a safe, phased re-opening to ensure the safety of visitors and staff.
All visitors must book an allocated slot online, which will help to restrict numbers entering and to avoid queues, in accordance with Government advice and best practice.
Members will also be required to book a time slot. Members will be required to enter their membership number in the ‘promo code’ box to book their tickets.
If you need help with the booking, call us on 0121 454 1860.
Please note: tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS ONLINE, CLICK ‘BUY TICKETS’ AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE
James Wheeler, chief executive, said: “We are so pleased to be able to announce the re-opening of the Gardens, in line with Government advice, so that our members and visitors can enjoy our wide-open spaces and tranquil environment while maintaining all-important social distancing.
“It’s well-known that having access to green spaces is good for mental health, so it’s never been more important for the Gardens to be available, which is why management and trustees have worked hard to ensure that all the necessary health and safety measures are in place for us to welcome people back.
“During the lockdown period, our reduced team of gardeners have been busy maintaining the Gardens and undertaking maintenance work, so we’re really looking forward to sharing their hard work with our members and visitors. We’ve certainly missed everyone.”
Toilet facilities will be limited to those on the outside terrace and a one-in and one-out queuing system will be in operation. Regular deep cleaning will be undertaken and hand sanitisers will be located around the Gardens.
The Gardens will be open daily from 10am until 6pm, subject to change, and to ensure there is effective social distancing, everyone must book a time slot in advance: non-members must buy tickets online to secure their 15-minute entry slot, while members must also book their entry time online, using their membership number.
Anyone with coronavirus symptoms or anyone who has been in contact with anyone with the virus in the previous 14 days is asked not to visit the Gardens until the quarantine period is over.
FIND OUT HOW TO PLAN YOUR VISIT WHILE WE REOPEN THE GARDENS
We want to make it as easy as possible to welcome you back into the Gardens after our closure due to COVID-19. While we are delighted to be welcoming you all back, it’s important that the correct safety measures are in place to protect the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and staff.
ARRIVAL AND VISITING THE GARDENS
- You need to bring your membership card and some personal photographic identification of the cardholder with you. The cardholder must be present.
- Please have your ticket ready to show staff, either on your phone or a printed copy.
- In order to maintain social distancing, please arrive at the allotted time. Entry will be at the discretion of BBG staff and subject to the ability to socially distance.
- We have a one-way system for entry and exit and ask you to observe the information provided on notices within the site, maintaining safe social distancing at all times.
- You are welcome to bring your own picnic, but please take all your rubbish home with you.
- The shop and plant sales will be open.
- Toilet facilities are limited: only the terrace outdoors toilets will be open initially, with a one in and one out queueing in operation.
- Please visit us on foot if you can to help ensure space for visitors who need the car park most.
- If you have any of the symptoms of Coronavirus or you have been in contact with anyone with the virus in the last 14 days, please do not come to the Gardens.
- Please check the website for updates and follow the signage on site.