The Birmingham Botanical Gardens recognises the urgency and importance of being sustainable. We are committed to reducing our environmental impacts to tackle climate change and the biodiversity crisis.
1. As a member of Botanic Gardens Conservation International and as a plant conservation charity, we commit to considering our impact on the environment in every decision we make.
2. In our role as a West Midlands environmental educational charity, we commit to meeting UK environmental legislation, promoting good environmental practice and encouraging behavioural change to all who engage with the Gardens.
3. In our role as a safe civic space within Birmingham, we commit to promoting the benefits of nature on people’s health and wellbeing.
4. As the guardian of the Gardens, we commit to the responsible management of our built and natural assets.
5. Birmingham Botanical Gardens commits to adopting circular economy principles and maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS), covering the areas of Biodiversity, Procurement, Waste, Travel and Energy Management.We commit to reducing our negative impact on the environment through a continuous audit and improvement process in all areas of the Charity.