At Birmingham Botanical Gardens, we offer primary school education trips like no other. Come and explore our unique Glasshouses and spectacular Gardens for an exciting outdoor learning adventure! We also offer a wide range of exciting, interactive teaching sessions that teachers can choose from to help support classroom learning.
A Primary visit includes:
- a free pre-visit for group leaders
- entry to the Gardens for students and teaching staff
- a wide range of National Curriculum-linked teaching sessions to choose from (or self-guided entry)
- many supplementary educational activities and resources
- a covered space to eat lunch and store bags
- freedom to arrive and depart whenever you choose
- Outdoor Educational Visits
- Prices & Payment Options
- Teaching Sessions
- Booking Form
- Risk Assessments & Additional Information
- Educational Resources
- Financial Support
For more information or to book an exciting educational field trip for your primary group, please contact us by telephone (0121 450 5093) or:E-mail us
LEARNING OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM QUALITY BADGE
Birmingham Botanical Gardens are recognised as a Centre of Excellence and we are delighted to have been awarded a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge in recognition of our high-quality education service.
EDUCATION CHARITY OF CHOICE AWARD
Birmingham Botanical Gardens are delighted to have been presented with an Education Charity of Choice Award by Update Magazine, for the excellent education service we provide for schools, colleges, nurseries and uniformed groups.
GROWING SCHOOLS GARDEN AWARD
Birmingham Botanical Gardens are proud to have been awarded a Growing Schools Garden Award in recognition, by the Department for Education, that we:
– exemplify good practice, including risk management, in children’s learning in the natural environment
– provide access to gardens that offer a range of plant displays and opportunities for learning outside the classroom
– are host to teacher training and educators to develop outside classrooms for learning.
The Children’s University is an international critically-acclaimed charity which encourages all children aged 5 to 14 years to try new experiences, develop new interests and acquire new skills through participation in innovative and creative Learning Activities outside of the school day.
Birmingham Botanical Gardens are a registered Children’s University Learning Destination, where Passport to Learning credits can be achieved by completing our exciting Learning Activities.E-mail us